Sunday, May 31, 2009

Music

He’s the one
Who likes all our pretty songs
And he likes to sing along
And he likes to shoot his gun
But he knows not what it means
-Nirvana In Bloom

We all listen to music, I do everyday. Most of us listen to different music to. Some of us can sing, some cant (I know I cant). But we all listen to music for different reasons (yes I started a sentence with but Mrs.Westfall). I listen to music because the songs I listen to remind me of myself or others. While another person might listen to music because it entertains them, or because its whats cool right now. Now me and a friend had an argument over if Led Zeppelin was better than Green Day (Zeppelin of course) now I'm not saying Green Days a bad band I just don't like them anymore and don't listen to there music much because they've always been some cheesy Sex Pistols rip off that fell for Malcom McLarens lie. Thats why I like bands like The Who or The Ramones becuase they were original because they were the first to make the kind of music they did and they didn't change there style (except for Bowie). The people I really don't like though is people who listen to music and have no idea what the music is about they only listen to it because it's cool, like back when Semi-Charmed Kind Of Life was popular and it was overplayed on the radio most people probably didn't know what it was about (drugs and sex) but they listened to it and loved it all because it was on a radio staion that wasn't an oldies station.

No comments:

Post a Comment